As of the 19 April 2017 a caveat is in place for these occupation which excludes positions involved in mass production in a factory setting and positions in a limited service restaurant. A limited service restaurant includes, but is not limited to, the following:
- fast food or takeaway food services;
- fast casual restaurants;
- drinking establishments that offer only a limited food service;
- limited service cafes;
- limited service pizza restaurants.
A caveat is in place for this occupation which excludes any of the following positions:
- related to mass or standardised production, including positions based in a franchise or factory, as opposed to specialist production;
- that involve full or partial production of food product for distribution to another location;
- that predominantly involve the use of pre-prepared food product from another location.
- Pending applications with removed occupation should (Withdraw & Refund)
- 457 applications currently pending & lodgements on or after 19 April 2017 will obtain four (4) year visa if occupation is on (MLTSSL), or obtain a two (2) year visa for occupations on the (STSOL).
- Transitional may apply from 457 to PR, government will make further announcements on this.
Three Main Groups of Caveated Occupations
A caveat is a proviso of specific stipulations, conditions, or limitations.
- Group A: caveats relating to work experience only
- Group B: caveats related to regional location
- Group C: occupation specific caveats