Australia remains as one of the strong economies in the world.
Due to the huge geographical size combined with very low population, it has capacity to absorb a lot more new population. Adding to that the ongoing skilled manpower shortage in the workforce has led the government to align its policies in welcoming new skilled and business migrants.
The resource sector is booming and does not have enough skilled workers to meet the demand of the industries. This presents an ample opportunity for the potential skilled workers around the world to look towards Australia for migration and find work.
What is the future of new migrants in Australia?
The new migrants and their dependants in most categories have unlimited work rights and the permanent migrants become eligible to apply for citizenship provided they meet the citizenship criteria in force at that time.
They enjoy the democracy, freedom, financial security, equal opportunity principles and relaxed lifestyle. Most importantly, they can be more relaxed knowing their family’s financial and overall future is more secure than in most countries around the world.
Basic facts about Australia…
- Australia is located is the world's sixth largest nation after Russia, Canada, China, the USA and Brazil.
- Australia is home for welcoming multicultural society with a population of over 20 million. English is Australia's official language but quite a large number of its residents speak another language as well.
- It has very favorable climate, beaches and heartbreaking outback sceneries.
- The Australian economy has experienced strong growth in recent years producing a high-growth, low-inflation economy. It was one of the few economies of the world to remain least affected from the Global Financial Crisis.
- The Australian currency is the Australian dollar (AUD).
- Australians are great fans of sports. The popular sports here include Australian Rules football, cricket, hockey, netball, rugby league, rugby union, soccer, swimming and tennis.
- Australians love music, spend quite a bit of time out of work in holidays, social gatherings, night out, sight seeing as applicable.
Settlement Assistance Package
- 4 weeks accommodation upon arrival in Australia.
- Arrival orientation covering settling in Australia.
- Applying for Australian Tax File Number.
- Applying for Australian Bank Account.
- Applying for SIM card for your mobile phone.
- Job search orientation.
Migration Useful Links
IELTS (Please select your country from dropdown menu)
Immigration Offices Outside Australia
Panel Doctors Outside Australia
Australian Federal Police Check
Visa Medical Booking within Australia
Change of Circumstances Notification (Form 1022)
Address Change Notification (Form 929
Life in Australia
Australian Taxation office
Australian Skills Recognition Information (ASRI)